How to be a Morning Person
In the spirit of the New Year I decided to gather ways to become a morning person so here are 5 tips that I have been trying to help me become a morning person in 2016!!
1. You really have to go to bed early...there is no way to be a night owl and a morning person. If I have to leave my house at 7:30 (and like to have 1.5 hours to get ready for my day) then I go to be at 8:45 so I can relax and hopefully fall asleep around 9, that way I get about 9 hours of sleep.
2. Drink cold water when you first wake up, this will help you to feel more awake and drinking water has SO many benefits such as it is good for your skin and it helps you eat the right amount of food because you feel full when you are actually full faster...it's a great way to jump start your morning!
3. Get moving quickly, leave your alarm away from your bed, this way you have to get out of bed to shut it off! If you use your phone as your alarm this will also help you to not be playing on your phone at night when you need to be sleeping. This will also help you to stop pressing snooze which is a waster of time because the sleep you get after pressing snooze is no longer beneficial and you are wasting valuable time which you will most definitely regret later in your day when you didn't eat a good breakfast or didn't pack your lunch!
4. Have something to look forward to when you wake up. Whether that is a really yummy breakfast or a good outfit to wear, this will help you want to get up.
5. Plan ahead…get all of the stuff you can ready the night before for the next morning! This will make your morning a lot less stressful and much more enjoyable.